The Early Years Education Newsletter
New Baby Room
- Opens Monday 7th September
- Open morning: Friday 4th Sept 10:00–12:00
Come and meet the new team and see our lovely new room. It will be a time to ask questions and see just how cosy it is.
We’re able to take 6 babies between 3 months and 2 years of age and the room will have 2 members of staff. They will share the baby room garden with the Ladybird children, having direct access from the room.
Change to opening hours: we will now be open from 8am–5:30pm Monday to Friday rather than 6pm.
Family engagement sessions:
- Saturday 26th September – Story sacks/Story boxes
- Saturday 31st October – Learning to write
- Saturday 28th November – Learning to read
All sessions are open to children under 5 (and siblings). Please be prepared to get involved with your child. Two staff members will facilitate and hopefully give you ideas to take away and try at home.
Meet our staff – Gemma Lloyd
I’ve been working with children and families for 16 years, and I’ve been working here at HOPE for 10 of these years. I spent a large part of this time as a family support worker, but I also set up day care facilities.
I have spent a year at Hereford county hospital as a transitional care maternity support worker, and trained as a breastfeeding support worker.
I’m trained to Level 3 in Early Years Childcare and Education, and I’m working towards Level 5 in Leadership and Management.
I feel the knowledge and skills I’ve developed, especially with under 2’s and their families, are an asset to the team and within the centre.
Summer Fête and Graduation – July 2014
This year we decided to mix our summer fête and graduation ceremony for our school leavers. Many of our families attended and the sun shone brightly. Elsa from Frozen paid a visit and children were able to meet her for photos and a song.
We had a bouncy castle, face painting, mystery jars, bottle tombola and more, including a fabulous cake sale and Pimms and Beer tent! We raised £200 for our early years’ department to spend on resources. Thanks so much for all who attended and gave support!
New Term Dates
- 1st Day of New term: Monday 7th September
- Half term break: 26 – 30th October (holiday club offered)
- End of Autumn Term: Friday 18th December 2015
- Holiday Club: offered 21st, 22nd and 23rd December
- Christmas Shut Down: 24th December – 1st January
- Spring Term begins: Monday 4th January 2016
See you in a few months for the next edition of Building Blocks!